- Frequency (how many times the behavior occurred)
- Duration (how long the behavior lasts)
- Intensity (the extent to which the behavior occurs)
- Antecedent-Behavior-Consequence (A-B-C, what happens before the behavior, the behavior itself, consequences maintaining the behavior)
- Function of the behavior (what the student gains/avoids as a result of the behavior)
- Setting of the behavior (where and when the behavior occurs)
Check what happened before the behavior (ANTECEDENT), the behavior itself (BEHAVIOR), and what happened as a result (CONSEQUENCE).
Circle the intensity (1-5 scale) and indicate the duration (in minutes). There is a space below each box to write clarification or tally frequency.
The top of the page provides information about the time of day and setting. This is a valuable tool when formulating Functional Behavior Assessments. Use to help assess the function of the behavior. For example: "When (antecedent), the student will (behavior) in order to (escape/avoid/postpone... or gain access to...)"
Get it here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ABC-Antecedent-Behavior-Consequence-Checklist-Intensity-Duration-826931